Instructions to Increase Type Sizes or Magnify Web Pages
If you have a mouse with a scrolling wheel built into it and you are using any of the browsers mentioned below, you can magnify by pressing the Control key (Ctrl) and simultaneously scrolling the wheel up. Press Ctrl and scroll the wheel down to minimize.
Most browsers will also magnify if you press Ctrl while tapping the + key. Press Ctrl while tapping the – key to minimize.
You can magnify by pressing the Command key, known as the "Apple key" or "open-Apple key," while tapping the + key. Press the Command key while tapping the – key to minimize.
If the above recommendations do not work, you must determine what browser you are using and follow the specific instructions for that browser, below:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (7.0 and up)
- Choose Text Size from the View menu in the toolbar.
- Text size options will appear, and you can select Larger, Largest, Smaller, or Smallest. Select Medium to return to the default.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Choose Zoom from the View menu in the toolbar.
- Zoom options will appear, and you can select Zoom In or Zoom Out. Select Zoom Text Only to magnify text only (not images). Select Reset to return to the default.
- Google Chrome
- Click on the wrench icon in the top right corner of the browser.
- Next to Zoom in the drop down menu, click on either the + or   symbols.
- To return to the default, click the + or symbols until the number between them reads 100%.
- Apple Safari
- Click on the document icon, which is to the right of the search bar.
- Choose Zoom.
- Zoom options will appear, you can select Zoom In or Zoom Out. Select Zoom Text Only to magnify text only (not images). Select Actual Size to return to the default.
- Click on the view icon, which is at the bottom right of the browser.
- Zoom settings will appear, you can use the zoom scroll bar to adjust the magnification. Select 100% or press Ctrl and 0 simultaneously to return to the default.
In Opera, you cannot magnify by pressing Ctrl while tapping the + key. Instead, you must hold down the Shift key and tap the + key. Press Ctrl while tapping the key to minimize.
- Other Browsers and Versions
- If instructions for the browser and/or browser version you are using do not appear above, please email us and let us know. We will do our best to find those instructions and post them to this page.
Close this window