Navigating this Website
The image below shows the navigation elements of this website.
- Primary Navigation - The primary navigation is the red bar that runs across the top of each page just below the logo for the Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP). It contains links to the major sections of this site, including plan details and costs, who is eligible to apply, information and forms, applications, help, and a link back to the homepage.
- Breadcrumbs Navigation - The breadcrumbs navigation tells users where they are in relation to the home page of this site. Each "section" of breadcrumbs is a link that you can click on to go back to that page.
- Print-Friendly Link - Most pages contain a "print-friendly" link. This link displays the contents of the current page in a pop-up window without the navigation elements and graphics on the page for easy printing. The link appears at the left top of the page below the breadcrumbs navigation and above the link to change word sizes.
- Change Word Size Link - All pages contain a link to directions about how to change the size of the words on the site. This link appears at the left side of the page just above the secondary navigation and below the print-friendly link.
- Secondary Navigation - The secondary navigation appears at the left on pages other than the homepage. These links are specific to the section that you're in at the time. For example, if you're in the Plan Details & Cost section, all the links at the left pertain only to the Plan Details & Cost section.
The homepage contains additional links to special sections of the site that most interest the majority of our users. These links include FLTCIP news and announcements, a section for those new to long term care and/or long term care insurance, our rate quote calculator, payroll office identifier locator, information for current enrollees, frequently asked questions, and our long term care suitability tools section.
The Current Enrollee Section
Because our current enrollees have different needs than those currently not enrolled in the FLTCIP, we have designed and will be expanding the functionality of a section especially for them.
The Current Enrollee section maintains the same primary navigation elements as the rest of the site, but is distinguished by its blue rather than red color scheme.
The Agency Benefits Officer Section
Agency Benefits Officers (ABOs) play an important part in the communications of the FLTCIP to the Federal Family. Therefore, ABOs have their own section with information specific to their needs and concerns.
The Agency Benefits Officer section maintains the same primary navigation as the rest of the site, but is distinguished by its gray rather than red color scheme.