Technical Website Help
We are building our technical help section as we receive feedback from users. If you encounter an issue not answered below, please email us at email@example.com so we can resolve that issue and post the solution as a reference for future users.
Select a question below:
- Why can't I access the Premium Cost Calculator or other secure pages (online application, etc.)?
- The most common reason for problems accessing these pages is the security setting in the web browser. Please go to your web browser's help section to learn more about security settings.
- I'm not able to download documents and forms from this website. Why?
- You may be attempting to download an Adobe Acrobat PDF file ( ), but you do not have a current version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader. If this is the issue, try downloading a new version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- The text on this website is too small. What can I do?
- We have designed this website to work with most browsers "text-sizing" feature. This means you can make the text on your screen larger or smaller simply by selecting that option in your web browser. We have provided instructions on how to change type size for a variety of browsers.
- I found a broken link. What do I do?
- We apologize for any inconvenience. Please report any broken links immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are looking for a document, please let us know and we will send it to you.
- The pages take a long, long time to download. What's going on?
- This could be any number of things. Most of the time it has to do with the speed of your internet connection. Connections over a dial-up often cause pages to load slower than if you were accessing this website via a high-speed cable modem or DSL or even at work (although sometimes network traffic at your organization can cause pages to download slower than normal).
We have tried to keep the number of graphics on this site to a minimum, while optimizing the graphics that are on the site to download faster. If you continue to experience slow pages, please email us.
You may also want to try returning to our site during less visited times. Typically, our highest site traffic times are Monday - Friday between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Eastern Time.
- I requested information through your Information Kit request form and I still haven't gotten it. Did it go through?
- You should have been presented with a confirmation page that said "Thank You" once you submitted your online Information Kit request. If you did see this page, your Information Kit should arrive within 2 weeks depending on your location.
If you did not see a confirmation page, you may want to try submitting your request again. You can also call one of our Certified Long Term Care Insurance Consultants, who can send you an Information Kit, and also a personalized Rate Quote. You can reach them at: 1-800-582-3337 (TTY: 1-800-843-3557).
- What web browsers can I use on this website?
- LTCFEDS.com supports the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 7 and up
- Google Chrome version 20 and up
- Mozilla Firefox version 15 and up
- Safari version 5.0 and up
- Google Chrome version 11 and up
- Mozilla Firefox version 4 and up
- Safari version 5.0 and up
To find out which browser version you are using, select the "Help" option from your browser's top menu bar. From there, select the "About Internet Explorer (or applicable browser)" from the list of options.
- What are the technical requirements for the Online Consultant Tool?
- We have provided links to additional instructions or to websites where you can download the necessary programs for free, if needed.
- Website browsers (most recent versions recommended)
- Screen resolution of at least 1024x768 for the high bandwidth version. No smaller than 800x600 for the low bandwidth version of the tool.
- Broadband internet access (A data transfer rate of 500 kilobytes per second or better is required for the low bandwidth version of the tool.)
- Javacript must be enabled
- Adobe Flash Player (version 9 and up recommended)
- Adobe Reader
- To enlarge or reduce the size of the tool, (zoom in or zoom out) view these instructions for various web browsers.
If you have trouble using this tool, the information is also available on our general website: www.LTCFEDS.com.