- Print This Page
- Change Type Sizes
- Plan Details & Cost Main Page
- Types of Care Covered
- Plan Choices & Features
- Which Plan is Right for You?
- Program Cost & Payment Options
- Qualifying for Benefits
- FLTCIP 2.0 Benefit Booklet PDF
- FLTCIP 2.0 Outline of Coverage
- Alternative Insurance Plan
- FLTCIP Service Package
Alternative Insurance Plan
Some employees, members of the uniformed services and their spouses who apply using the abbreviated underwriting application and are not approved to enroll in the insurance they originally applied for will be offered the Alternative Insurance Plan.
This innovative plan, developed by OPM and Long Term Care Partners, offers nursing home coverage with a weekly benefit, a 2 year benefit period (104 weeks) and a 180 day waiting period.
This plan is available to:
- Anyone who answered "Yes" to any of questions 4-7 in part B (and no to all of questions 1-3) of the abbreviated underwriting application.
- Spouses eligible to use the abbreviated underwriting application who answered yes to questions 8 or 9 in part B of the application, no to all of questions 1-3, and were declined for standard coverage.
Anyone who applies for insurance under the Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) and is eligible for the Alternative Insurance Plan will automatically receive more information from us about this option.
If you apply for and are denied the standard insurance and are not offered the Alternative Insurance Plan, you will be offered a Service Package. This is true for everyone who applies - those using the abbreviated underwriting application AND those using the full underwriting application.
The Alternative Insurance Plan is not available to those who must use the full underwriting application.
Important Note: If you previously applied using the Abbreviated Underwriting Application, you can reapply and still use the abbreviated application after the end of your 60 day eligibility period (within 6 months after the date you became eligible to apply) if your answer to question 1, 2, 3 and/or 5 in Part B has changed from "YES" to "NO" because your condition has resolved. Please call our Customer Service Center at the phone number below for assistance.